Russia’s Shambala casino, operated by Shambala NJSC, says the average sum spent per game in 2020 was RUB8,439 ($116).
The casino opened late last year, on 16 October 2020, and during the 2.5 months of operations until the end of the year, recorded an average of approximately 550 daily visitors, with numbers fluctuating between 400 on Monday and 700 on Friday.
The main demographic were males aged between 25 and 35; men made up 58% of visitors, with the remaining 42% being women.
“Earlier in Russia, women visited gambling casinos much less often than men. Now the situation is seriously changing. Girls come to the casino not only to play but also to have a good time in a restaurant or watch a show on the casino stage,” said Maxim Smolentzev, owner of Shambala NJSC.
“We are interested in both couples and families, including those whose plans do not include play. The sooner the casino ceases to be a closed male elite club in the eyes of consumers, the better.”
In total, 64% of guests chose gaming machines, while the baccarat tables attracted only 78 people, reports Asia Gaming Brief.
Shambala is the second casino in Primorye’s gaming zone, which is considered favorable due to its close proximity to other notable Asian gaming markets, such as China or Korea.
However, due to the ongoing global pandemic, visitors to the casino were mainly locals; about 67% of visitors came from Vladivostok, the casino also recorded 3,780 foreign guests from 24 countries and 864 visitors who came from Asian countries.